A1.1. Core Content: Solving problem
A1.2. Core Content: Numbers, expressions, and operations
A1.3. Core Content: Characteristics and behaviors of functions
A1.4. Core Content: Linear functions, equations, and inequalities
A1.5. Core Content: Quadratic functions and equations
A1.6. Core Content: Data and distributions
1. Regularly attend classes.
2. Each week record up to nine hours outside of class time for this learning plan.
3.This class is a Teacher-lead class where the student is required to follow the class lessons each day, complete the homework and take the quizzes with the rest of the class. The class schedule will be kept on a Google Calendar where the student can check for daily lessons, homework assignments and quiz dates. Updated Learning Plans will also be available on the website. Please see my website, www.thedell.net, for more information.
4. The Notebook is a collection of your notes whilst working on the Learning Plan. The Reflection is a written summary of your experiences during this learning plan.
5. Online Textbook: http://my.hrw.com Algebra 1: Username: AvantiRed password: algebra
Proficiency: Overall grade at least 80% will result in a 0.25 credits in Math.
- Students chose to be in this class to prepare for the End-of-course Algebra State Exam given on June 4, 2013, 8:00 am.
- Each day there will be a lesson with notes and a practice sheet that will be due the next school day.
- The Notes sheet that students get will be required to be completed in class.
- Students are required to keep a notebook for a grade at the end of the class that will include all notes pages.
- The Practice assignment sheets are to be completed by showing the work to obtain the answer. Puzzles will not be part of the grade.
- All assignments can be revised for a higher grade.
- Each day the notes and assignments will be posted to my website. In the event of an absence, students can download the notes and the assignment.
- Calculators are allowed.
- All work is due by June 11th, 2013
- All students are welcome to attend the tutoring sessions on Friday. If students are absent during the week and/or if they have more than 2 missing assignments, they must attend Friday, 12:30-2:30, to makeup lessons and get tutoring. Attendance will be taken. Exceptions will be granted to those that make up the missing assignments prior to Friday.
- There are only 3 quizzes, Learning Plan details, Solving Equations and Graphing. Each quiz must be passed with at least an 80% or retaken until that is achieved.